607's Mandelbrot Explorer
This program, originally made as a graded assignment for university, is intended to let people get acquainted with the extraordinary Mandelbrot set. The program can be used to explore the figure, and get impressed by its qualities.
Because of the added colourations, this program can also be used to create beautiful images.
This is an application for Windows PCs, written in C#. It has been improved quite a lot since handing in the assignment (on which we got a 10.3/10, somehow), and since the first public release.
- Look around the Mandelbrot set by inputting values or using the mouse
- Modify the maximum amount of iterations
- Use 10+ different colourations
- Admire the included example for each colouration
- Enlarge the (dpi-aware) window to see the image in greater detail
- Save images in any resolution to look at them later, print or send to a friend
- Load back saved images to look around further
- Read the included manual for more tips and information
Download Mandelbrot Explorer 1.8.1 (released 19 March 2020)
The Mandelbrot set itself was not invented by me. However, it doesn't look like fractals can be copyrighted. The icons included in the program are part of the Visual Studio Image Library, which can be used for free as long as their use is consistent with the intended use (which I hope they are).
This program was written by me, 607, and parts of it by a fellow student, erraticEnki. This program may not be redistributed or modified.
You may, however, use images created with this program in any way you might desire. This includes images saved from the examples that come with the program.